Western Washington University
Henning Sehmsdorf was named adjunct faculty at Huxley College of the Environment, Western Washington University in 2006. He lectured on agro-ecology in a course taught by Professor Gigi Berardi, Chair, Department of Environmental Studies and currently Resilient Farms Project director, and he hosted her students for on-farm classes.
2011 Travel Course in Sustainable Agriculture to Switzerland, Italy
From June through September 2011, Professor Berardi and Dr.Sehmsdorf offer the following for-credit Intensive Short Course in Sustainable Agriculture in Italy and at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland.
- Gain hands-on experience in holistic farm systems and traditional strategies for biodiversity at S & S Homestead on Lopez Island
- Learn about applied research and recent studies in biodynamics at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland
- Experience Italian farmhouse cooking in a hands-on culinary intensive (Ciao Thyme, Bellingham)
- Study food aesthetics and sensory taste science in the home of Slow Food in northern and central Italy
- Participate in carbon-offsetting at Inspiration Farm in Whatcom County
For more information, contact Professor Berardi at the Huxley College of the Environment, via the WWU website.